Thursday, July 29, 2004

Jrs. basketball game 3: UPIS vs DLSZ

Coming from a not-so-disappointing 2-point loss to UST, the UPIS basketball team faced the Alabang boys in their 3rd game of the season.  The DLSZ team was one of the strongest contenders in the junior basketball division last year.  As I have mentioned in my previous entries, however, the Junior Maroons have really improved.

The first 2 quarters saw the UPIS contingent match DLSZ's points and led by the end of the first half.  During the 3rd quarter, the little lasalistas from the south became more aggressive in their ball-handling.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  La Salle (as well as Ateneo) are quite known for their premium on sports, specifically basketball.  To see their players struggling was really something.  It's not like I'm making fun of them or anything, it's just that I was amazed that they made all these unnecessary errors.  Well, at the end of that quarter, DLSZ led by 1 point at 40-39.

In the last quarter, I was confident that we were going to win.  Sobrang bilib ako sa paglalaro ng Junior Maroons.  Ang galing!  I think much of this could be attributed to Coach Patrick.  Even if his first season with them wasn't spectacular, the team is certainly making up for it this year.  Anyway, UPIS won, of course.  The final score was 52-47.

P.S.
That Simon Atkins from DLSZ is really cute, in that tisoy kind of way.  Wala lang.  May older brother kaya siya?  Teehee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home